A step-by-step record of each stage involved in building our London24, from securing land to moving in!
Land procurement and home selection timeline:
- May 2015: Pay initial deposit to secure land.
- Jan 2016: Pay initial deposit Porter Davis for the London 24.
- Mar 2016: Land titled and settled.
- 17 Mar 2016: Porter Davis World of Style colour selections appointment.
- 31 Mar 2016: Porter Davis contract signed.
- 20 June 2016: Move to site start.
Home construction time line:
- Week 1: Site scrape.
- Week 2: Slab preparations.
- Week 3: Slab pour.
- Week 4: Frame completed.
- Week 5: Fascia, gutter & roofing installed. Plumbing roughed-in.
- Week 6: Electrical roughed-in, sisalation, ducted heating & evaporative cooling installed, shower bases built, bricks delivered, brick laying started.
- Week 7: Bricks laid, stacker door installed, LOCK-UP stage completed.
- Week 8: Plaster and cornices installed.
- Week 9: First coat of render applied, bricks cleaned, architraves, skirting, doors and daddo paneling installed.
- Week 10: Cabinetry installed.
- Week 11: Patching and tidying of plaster and woodwork in preparation for painting.
- Week 12: Painting 90% complete, electrical fit-off, water-proofing. Tiles delivered.
- Week 13: Garage door installed, tiling commenced, stolen cabinetry re-instated.
- Week 14: Benchtops and plumbing fixtures installed.
- Week 15: Front door painted and majority of tiling completed.
- Week 16: Render completed. Temporary fencing and toilet removed from site. Door knobs installed. House flooded due to someone leaving on a tap in the bathroom with the nozzle pointing out of the bath.
- Week 17: Missing glass installed in stacker door.
- Week 18: Fly screens and kitchen tap installed. Practical Completion Inspection.